Our Expert Guides will tell you that the financial capital of China, Shanghai attracts millions of migrants who bring their local culinary traditions and ingredients with them. As the sun sets, we’ll explore the best local and regional cuisines the city has to offer, paired with local beers, spirits (or soft drinks) in a centrally-located, authentic residential neighborhood. Taste local dishes from the Shanghai Jiangnan area, as well as southern and northwest China & Sichuan. Explore just how different regional Chinese foods can be on this evening Shanghai food tour!
Taste China’s best regional cuisines - all in one night! From the local sweet & sour flavors to spicy Sichuan sauces from China’s far southwest, you’ll explore the best Chinese food Shanghai has to offer.
Get up close & personal with your food. Whether it’s cracking into spicy rabbit head with plastic gloves on or checking out the roasted meats headed for your table, you’ll love this feast for the eyes and the mouth.
Dine at unique neighborhood restaurants. Discover where locals go for authentic Shanghainese cuisine and sample some of the finest soup dumplings in Shanghai.
Try the world’s most consumed liquor. Wash it all down with baijiu – you’ve never had anything quite like this before. Plus get sauced on the local beers and the region’s famous yellow wine with your new foodie friends.
- Children of all ages are welcome on this culinary tour and class.
- Child price applies to children ages 6 - 12.
- Children ages 0-5 are free (if tasting not required. If the child would like a tasting, please purchase a child's ticket). Please specify the number of children ages 0-5 in the notes when booking to ensure we make proper arrangements for you.
- For private tours or other dates, please contact us.
- 8 guests + 1 guide or 12 guests + 2 guides. Please contact us for large groups.
- Ground Covered: 2.3 kilometers (1.5 miles).
- Each tour has 3-4 rotating seated stops offering a tasting of 20+ dishes.
- Vegetarians and Pescetarians are welcome but will have to skip out on several dishes. We will make substitutions where possible, but please note that we cannot substitute all dishes, so the selection of dishes will not be as large as the selection for omnivores.
- Vegans are also welcome, but there will be limited options. (If you’d like to book this as a private tour that features only vegetarian or pescetarian food, please contact us.)
- Celiac Disease. We are not able to make substitutions for those with celiac disease as soy sauce and wheat are prevalent in our tour stops.
- Nut/shellfish allergies. These allergies have not been a problem in the past, however, we cannot guarantee that the utensils and other cooking tools used in the kitchen to prepare our food tour dishes have not touched any shellfish/nut ingredients. Please bring your epi-pen or other meds to the tour if you choose to participate.
*Please note on some tours we may stop for rabbit head, a local delicacy that is eaten with your hands.
- If a booking is canceled 4 days or more prior to the tour, the operator will refund 80% of the booking. Refunds will not be given for cancellations less than 4 days in advance.
- In case of severe weather (i.e. typhoon. Rain is not severe weather), the operator will make every effort to reschedule your tour for another day if possible. If they are unable to do so you will receive a full refund for your booking.